Israel National Police
Policing and law enforcement in Israel are the sole responsibility of the Israel Police. As a national force, the Israel Police is responsible for all aspects of policing, including crime prevention and law enforcement. The Israel police is responsible for public security, maintaining public order, securing public events and rallies, dismantling suspicious objects and explosives (EOD), riot and crowd control, law enforcement, crime fighting, detective work, covert operations against drug networks, investigating suspects, road traffic control, operating the Civil Guard, handling civilian complaints, handling youth violence, educational campaigns.
The work of the Israel Police takes on a whole new dimension when operating in such a sensitive area as Israel.
Israel Water police branch is responsible for ensuring the safety of water users, enforcing laws relating to water traffic, preventing crime on vessels, banks and shores, providing search and rescue services (either as the main provider or as an initial response unit before more specialized units arrive), and allowing the police to reach locations not easily accessible from land. They also responsible for coastal security, conservation law enforcement, immigration and smuggling patrols, and diving search operations. Their operations is coordinated with other agencies with similar assets.
The main areas on which the Israel Police focuses are:
- Public Security
- The prevention and thwarting of terror
- Response to calls from citizens
- Israel territorial water protection
- Arrangement of security procedures
- Organization of volunteers in the context of the Civil Guard
- Maintaining Law and Order
- Response to calls regarding public disturbances
- Effective response to demonstrations and unlawful gatherings
- Licensing – Establishment of limits and conditions for businesses
- Responsibility for detainees
- Implementation of court orders
- Investigation of crimes and apprehension of offenders
- Detection and exposure of unreported crimes, such as drug trafficking and extortion
- Crime prevention – Instructing the public how to protect themselves and their property